Friday, June 22, 2012

Foreclosures up across the country




A video from the Dylan Ratigan show this week discussing the increase in foreclosures.
On a side note, Dylan is leaving cable news - selfishly, I'm very disappointed as I think he is the most educated, objective news anchor in the market these days. He will be missed.

An overview of the discussion can be found below:


1) U.S. Foreclosures are up for the first in 2 years.

Weitz – this is not a surprise as the banks are now free to continue the ‘foreclosure mills’ without concern that Attorney General Offices will pursue them for improper practices.

2) States are using the AG Settlement for homeowners to aid in their general budget short falls.

See my original thoughts on the AG Settlement here: AG Settlement


3) Mediation programs, like the one implemented in Washington, work. Banks are more willing to utilize other loss mitigation methods including short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure.

For more information on your rights in foreclosure or short sale, consider consulting with a Seattle Short Sale Attorney.

Our Firm:

Weitz Law Firm, PLLC
520 Kirkland Way, Ste 103
Kirkland, WA 98033
425.889.9300

Weitzlawfirm.com

3 comments:

  1. Being a home owner its such a great thing to know" States are using the AG Settlement for homeowners ". Moreover I always keep searching latest updates about Foreclosures so that I can keep myself updated. Such kind of news can also be found at Foreclosure Attorney because many of the news about Law I got from this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foreclosures here and there - for almost a week I have been hearing a lot of properties being foreclosed. Maybe it is time to probably amend the rules so that homeowner won't be much careless on paying their mortgages than just relying on home refinancing , etc. AgentCampus California

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always searching for latest updates for Real state law so that I can know all new thing for my property foreclosures. All new information about law firm

    ReplyDelete